In both state and federal courts, Jeff has represented entities and artists in the prosecution and defense of copyright and trademark infringement claims. Most notably, while practicing in Los Angeles he was part of the legal team that represented the Recording Industry Association of America in its seminal copyright actions against Napster.
Jeff successfully represented a recording artist in claims concerning the unauthorized, commercial use of her music by Audi and Saab. He represents clients in the prosecution of trade and service mark applications, actions before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, and the negotiation of licensing agreements.
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- Los Angeles Magazine Rising Stars - Top Young Attorneys, 2009, 2010, 2011
- New York State Bar Association
- Monroe County Bar Association
- "Franchise Issues - Exclusivity of Territory," INQUIRY, The Journal of Health Care Organization, Provision, and Financing, Spring 1999
- Board of Trustees, Rochester Museum and Science Center; Chair, 2014 Innovation Celebration Gala
- Cornell Alumni Club of Rochester
- The No Nonsense Roundtable with Dom Genova & Jim Salmon, Newsradio WHAM1180, July 20, 2019
- Faculty, Legal Services for Growing Business, Making Smart Growth a Priority Conference October 18-20, 2016