Accommodations in Higher Education - Complimentary Webinar Series
June 15, 2022; August 25, 2022; October 27, 2022
Session One: Accommodations You Can Live With: Disability Issues In Residence Life
June 15, 2022 | Noon - 12:45 p.m. | Zoom Webinar
In the first of this three-part series, Seth and Jane will discuss:
- Room Assignments.
- Service and Assistance Animals (ESAs).
- Meal Plans.
- Undue Hardships and Fundamental Alterations.
- Residency Requirements and Releases.
Session Two: Reasonable Accommodations in Applied Learning Programs (Clinical, Internships, Student Teaching, Service Learning, etc.)
August 25, 2022 | Noon - 12:45 p.m. | Zoom Webinar
In the second part of the series, Seth and Barbara will discuss:
- Planning for success – structuring programs.
- Technical standards.
- Agreements with placement sites.
- Communicating with students and identifying issues.
- Working with partners to provide on-site accommodations.
- Confronting fundamental alterations and undue burdens.
- Addressing complaints.
Session Three: Study Abroad Accommodations Under the Law
October 27, 2022 | Noon - 12:45 p.m. | Zoom Webinar
In the third part of the series, Seth and Catherine will discuss:
- How do changing student demographics affect study abroad programs?
- What equal access to study abroad means in practice.
- How to effectively plan for and provide study abroad opportunities for students with disabilities.
- What can IHE do to prepare for discrimination claims?
- Are digital and remote study abroad programs an answer?