Louis DiLorenzo to Discuss Addressing Employees' Political Speech and Activity in the U.S. - ELA Webinar
October 27, 2020
Election Day is coming. Most employers are grappling with a wide variety of challenges related to the election, including workplace disputes, protests, political activity, social media, and election day attendance issues. Election Day may not be the end of these challenges, which may increase as the post-election period progresses. This webinar will help responsible employers effectively prepare for and respond to these issues.
The Employment Law Alliance program will cover:
- An overview of the key legal issues triggered, including freedom-of-speech protections, the National Labor Relations Act, state laws, and contracts/collective bargaining agreements;
- Restrictions on the ability of employers to address employees’ political speech, activity, and off-duty conduct;
- A discussion of the various factors that must be balanced and considered, including avoiding discrimination against employees and retaliation for engaging in protected activity or in violation of public policy;
- Practical guidance on the most effective way to address these issues; and
- Considerations in adopting, communicating, republishing and applying politics that may regulate such speech and activities.
Tuesday, October 27, 2020
2 - 3 p.m.
For registration and more information, click here.