New “Call-In” Pay and Worker Scheduling Requirements Proposed in New York
November 27, 2017
By: Andrew D. Bobrek
Private sector employers in New York will be subject to new “call-in” pay and scheduling requirements under recently-proposed state Regulations.
For employers with variable or unpredictable work schedules, these new requirements could have a particularly dramatic impact and may necessitate significant operational changes.
Among other things, these Regulations would establish a number of new circumstances when non-exempt employees will be eligible to receive mandatory “call-in” pay under New York’s catch-all “Miscellaneous Industries” minimum wage order.
To help you understand the ramifications of these proposed Regulations, Bond offers this complimentary half-hour webinar outlining:
- Who is and who is not covered under the proposed Regulations
- What specific new circumstances will require payment of “call-in” pay to workers
- How the proposed Regulations may impact the scheduling of workers
- What exceptions may apply to these requirements
- What actions you should be considering now to prepare for these potential changes