Caroline represents employers in a wide variety of labor, employment and immigration matters.
Her practice includes counseling and representing management in state and federal employment discrimination litigation, employee discipline, family leave issues, layoffs, collective bargaining, labor arbitration and union organizing.
Caroline also counsels and represents employers regarding the employment and retention of foreign national employees. Her immigration practice focuses on employment-based applications and petitions, including non-immigrant work visas, permanent residency petitions and related labor condition and certification applications for employers with foreign national employees working in the United States.
Caroline has spoken to various management and personnel groups on a variety of topics, including family leave issues, workplace investigations, selecting and terminating employees, sexual harassment and employment immigration issues.
Events and Webinars
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2020, 2021, Litigation - Labor and Employment
- New York State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- NDNY Federal Court Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Administrative Editor, Boston University Public Interest Law Journal
- FMLA & ADA: Beyond the Basics, MACNY - The Manufacturers Association, March 15, 2016
- Quoted in “The new I-9: Employment verification form updated; penalties raised,” Newsday, February 5, 2017
- Quoted in "3 things to know if employees hail from ‘countries of concern’," Long Island Business Journal, January 30, 2017
- Quoted in “Law firms field post-election immigration questions,” libn.com, December 14, 2016
- Smith, O'Donnell, Westover, et al., "What Would Hippocrates Think? Physicians, Unions and the Drive to Organize", ACCA Docket, 1999
- Cayuga County Community College Foundation, Board Member, 2012-2019
- CNY SHRM, Board Member, Chair of the Legislative Committee, 2009-2012
- CNY Projects With Industry, Business Advisory Council Member, 2005-2010
- Cornell Alumni Association Admissions Network, Member, 2000-2005, 2007-2010
- Merry-Go-Round Playhouse, Member, Board of Directors, 2006-2009