David leads the firm's real estate development and construction practice. He represents Fortune 500 corporations, universities and developers throughout the country in the negotiation of complex design, construction and development agreements.
David is nationally known for creative and skillful structuring of construction and development projects. He has extensive experience in the drafting and negotiation of AIA-based contract documents, LEED® certified and green building agreements, energy performance contracts, design-build and other hybrid agreements. David also represents clients in all types of construction disputes, including claims for delays, acceleration, inefficiencies and default terminations. He is a founding and current co-chair of the New York State Bar Association Construction Law Committee and regularly lectures on construction-related topics.
David began his involvement in the construction industry while in college in the 1980s working on contract disputes for a large Massachusetts construction firm, and has focused on construction matters since entering the practice of law in 1999.
David also has a broad real estate practice and regularly represents clients in the acquisition and disposition of commercial real estate, leasing transactions and tax-deferred exchanges.
Prior to joining Bond, David was a partner with Nixon Peabody LLP. He serves on the Board of Directors of Compeer Rochester, Inc. and the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children, the Governance Committee of the Young Women's College Prep Charter School of Rochester and he is a member of Leadership Rochester's class of 2012.
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2018, Litigation - Construction; Real Estate Law
- New York Super Lawyers 2017®, Real Estate
- American Bar Association, Construction Industry Forum and Real Property Section
- New York State Bar Association, Co-Chair, Construction Law Committee; Real Property Section
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Property Law Section
- Monroe County Bar Association
- Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys
- Commonwealth Scholar
- Representation of an international agribusiness in the design and construction of a $200 million process and distribution facility.
- Representation of a process manufacturer in the design and construction of a $100 million process and distribution facility.
- Representation of a regional transit authority in the design and construction of a new $70 million regional transportation center.
- Representation of a New York university in the design and construction of a state-of-the-art sports complex and arena.
- Representation of a California university in the design and construction of a new medical school.
- Representation of a real estate developer in the redevelopment of New Orleans’ historic South Market District including design and construction contracts for hotel, arts, office, mixed-use, condominium and affordable housing projects.
- Representation of a real estate developer in the redevelopment of a downtown Salt Lake City district including design and construction contracts for hotel, office, mixed-use and affordable housing projects.
- Representation of a real estate developer in the design and construction of numerous multimillion dollar mixed-use and affordable housing projects in Manhattan, the Brooklyn and Staten Island.
- Representation of a Fortune 500 company in multibillion dollar asset purchase transaction involving properties located throughout the United States.