Delaney focuses her practice on assisting for-profit entities and non-profit organizations to meet their business goals and charitable and philanthropic missions.
Delaney drafts organizational documents for clients related to entity formation and governance, reviews contracts and agreements, and prepares documents relating to mergers and acquisitions.
Specific to the non-profit sector, Delaney has experience drafting bylaws, conflict of interest, whistleblower and investment policies. She advises clients on board governance matters and questions of NYPMIFA (New York Prudent Management of Institutional Funds Act) compliance, and also works with clients to obtain and maintain recognition of tax-exempt status. Delaney assists in client representation before the New York State Charities Bureau and New York State Attorney General’s office, with respect to cy pres court filings and entity dissolutions. With a related practice in trusts and estates, she is able to further counsel non-profit clients in matters related to charitable gift agreements.
Honors & Affiliations
- New York State Bar Association
- Albany County Bar Association
- Capital District Women’s Bar Association, Women in Law Section
- Justinian Honorary Law Society
- Capital District Women’s Bar Association “Sweet Success” Event Honoree, 2020
- Cameron-Danaher Prize Recipient, 2019
- John B. Lurie Memorial Prize Recipient, 2019
- Kate Stoneman Student Award Recipient, 2019
- Domenick L. Gabrielli Prize Recipient, 2019
- Thomson Reuters Award Recipient, 2019
- Siegel Scholarship Recipient, 2019
- Albany Law Review Editorial Board, Executive Editor for Notes and Comments, 2018–2019
- Student Service Award Recipient, 2018
- American Bar Association Client Counseling Regional Competition, Finalist, 2018
- Domenik L. Gabrielli Appellate Advocacy Moore Court Competition, Finalist, 2017
- Donna Jo Morse Client Counseling Competition, Finalist, 2017
- Dean Thomas Sponslor Honors Teaching Fellow, Federal Civil Procedure, 2017
- Board Member, Strong Through Every Mile, Inc.
- Volunteer, The Legal Project Uncontested Divorce Clinics