With vast experience representing employers in employment-related matters, Jim has established himself as a valued partner to his clients. He represents both public and private sector organizations, including higher education institutions.
Jim’s higher education practice focuses on employment discrimination, labor and employment law, labor contract administration, representation before the National Labor Relations Board and employer counseling.
Additionally, Jim has experience in wide variety of employment litigation matters, including discrimination, harassment and breach of contract claims. He has also negotiated numerous collective bargaining agreements for college and university clients.
In addition to his labor and employment practice, Jim oversees the Buffalo office as its managing member and is a frequent lecturer on labor and employment law issues.
Events and Webinars
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2021, Employment Law - Management; Labor Law - Management
- Buffalo Business First, Legal Elite of Western New York, 2017-2020
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent Rated
- Top-Rated Lawyer in Labor & Employment Law
- New York Super Lawyers 2020®, Employment and Labor (listed for more than 10 years)
- American Bar Association, Litigation and Labor and Employment Sections
- New York State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Erie County Bar Association
- Senior Editor, Boston College International and Comparative Law Review
- Overlapping Leave Laws, Bond, Schoeneck & King Seminar Series, October 2020
- New York State Paid Family Leave Law, Lumsden McCornick 22nd Annual Exempt Conference, November 17, 2016
- Quoted in "Threat to public-sector unions in SCOTUS decision on Janus,"Buffalo Law Journal, July 10, 2018
- "Courts grapple with scope of civil rights laws," Buffalo Law Journal, June 19, 2017
- Quoted in “Transgender student policies not new in WNY,” Buffalo Business First, August 26, 2016
- Buffalo Niagara Partnership, Director
- Kaleida Health Foundation, Director
- Legal Aid Bureau of Buffalo, Inc., Director, Former President
- The Arc Erie County New York, Former Board Member, Former Vice President
- Friends of Night People, Volunteer