Jeff has been active in education law since 1974, covering all aspects of legal service for public schools, charter schools, private schools, colleges and universities and social service agencies.
He believes that effective representation involves learning each client’s culture and operations, and helping the client to fulfill its mission fully informed of its powers, duties and options.
Jeff's experience includes the following:
- Public and private sector collective bargaining, employment counseling on the full range of personnel administration issues, grievance administration and arbitration, and representation before federal and state labor and equal opportunity agencies;
- Litigation in federal and state courts on labor, transactional and construction disputes;
- Governing board issues, internal investigations and the administration of open records and open meetings requirements;
- Student rights, responsibilities and discipline, including First and Fifth Amendment issues;
- The accommodation of people with disabilities and other special needs;
- Bidding and purchasing requirements, construction planning and administration and transactional negotiations and drafting.
Prior to joining Bond in 2014, Jeff was a member of Kehl, Katzive & Simon, LLP in New York City.