Liza collaborates with clients to understand their ultimate goals and craft efficient and effective solutions to disputes they face. At every phase of civil litigation – from pre-suit negotiations to jury trials – she engages a team-building, creative problem-solving approach to achieve positive, workable resolutions.
Liza counsels and represents diverse clients, from individuals and small business owners to universities and publicly-traded companies, in a variety of industries. She has experience working with these clients on myriad matters, including intellectual property disputes, non-compete agreement enforcement issues, breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty actions, employment and ADA discrimination claims, and unfair competition and business tort litigation.
Regardless of the client, industry, or matter, Liza’s practice focusses on committed, competent, and conscientious advocacy and advice. This focus keeps her – and therefore, the clients she serves – ahead of the curve in an ever-changing legal landscape.
- Obtaining jury verdict in favor of small business owners for trade secret misappropriation, unfair competition, and breach of contract and an award of compensatory and punitive damages in the amount of $2.65 million.
- Representing privately-held corporation protect its valuable intellectual property.
- Obtaining jury verdict in favor of national not-for-profit for breach of fiduciary duty and an award of compensatory and punitive damages.
- Achieving affirmation of summary judgment in favor of college in real property ownership dispute involving railroad conveyances in the 19th century.
- Obtaining summary judgment in favor of state power authority dismissing employment discrimination allegations.
- Representing small business and its principal in defense of breach of contract, fraud, and piercing the corporate veil claims through a bench trial.
- Achieving successful settlement for convenience store chain of an ADA discrimination claim.
- Participating in mediation for a development company resulting in successful settlement of breach of contract claim.
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- New York Super Lawyers 2019®, Upstate New York Rising Star, Civil Litigation: Defense
- Central New York Women’s Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Northern District of New York Federal Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- Articles Editor, Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics
- Legal Intern, Honorable Mae A. D’Agostino, U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- Member, Georgetown University Law Center Barristers’ Council: Trial Advocacy Division
- “Toxic Tort and Environmental Litigation: What Does a Reformed TSCA Mean for Private Rights of Action Under State Law?” Bond Information Memo, September 2016
- “Toxic Tort and Environmental Litigation: TSCA Reformed at Last!,” Bond Information Memo, July 2016
- “Toxic Tort and Environmental Litigation: TSCA Reform: Current Status – Will TSCA’s Fortieth Anniversary Mark its First-Ever Reform?,” Bond Information Memo, March 2016
- “Clients with Diminished Capacity Seek Attorneys with Augmented Integrity,” Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics, Summer 2014
- “The Survival of Social Security: How the Intersection of Social and Economic Policy Has Shaped Social Security in the United Stated of America,” Philosophy, Politics, and the Public Honors Program at Xavier University, Spring 2012
- Trustee, Loretto Foundation Board
- Graduate, Leadership Greater Syracuse Class of 2018
- Member, Foundation of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Syracuse Young Professionals Committee
- Volunteer, Poverello Health Clinic at Franciscan Northside Ministries
- Volunteer, The Volunteer Lawyers Project of Onondaga County Eviction Defense Program