Liza collaborates with clients to understand their ultimate goals and craft efficient and effective solutions to disputes they face. At every phase of civil litigation – from pre-suit negotiations to trials and appeals – she engages a creative problem-solving approach to achieve successful resolutions for her clients.
Liza counsels and represents a wide variety of clients, from small business owners and individuals to publicly-traded corporations and professionals, across a range of industries. She has experience working with these clients on matters including intellectual property disputes, non-compete agreement enforcement issues, breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty actions, employment and ADA discrimination claims, and unfair competition and business tort litigation.
Regardless of the client, industry or matter, Liza’s practice focuses on committed, competent and conscientious advocacy and advice. This focus keeps her – and thus, the clients she serves – ahead of the curve in an ever-changing legal landscape.
- Obtaining jury verdict in favor of small business owners for trade secret misappropriation, unfair competition, and breach of contract and an award of compensatory and punitive damages in the amount of $2.65 million.
- Representing privately-held corporation protect its valuable intellectual property.
- Obtaining jury verdict in favor of national not-for-profit for breach of fiduciary duty and an award of compensatory and punitive damages.
- Achieving affirmation of summary judgment in favor of college in real property ownership dispute involving railroad conveyances in the 19th century.
- Obtaining summary judgment in favor of state power authority dismissing employment discrimination allegations.
- Representing small business and its principal in defense of breach of contract, fraud, and piercing the corporate veil claims through a bench trial.
- Achieving successful settlement for convenience store chain of an ADA discrimination claim.
- Participating in mediation for a development company resulting in successful settlement of breach of contract claim.
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- New York Super Lawyers 2020®, Upstate New York Rising Star, Civil Litigation: Defense
- New York Super Lawyers 2019®, Upstate New York Rising Star, Civil Litigation: Defense
- Central New York Women’s Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Northern District of New York Federal Bar Association, First Decade Committee, Co-Chair
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- Articles Editor, Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics
- Legal Intern, Honorable Mae A. D’Agostino, U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- Discovery in State and Federal Court, Legal Services of Central New York CLE, March 10, 2020
- Moderator, The Attorney-Client Privilege is Not Dead – but it Does Have its Limits, NDNY Federal Communications Bar Association CLE, July 24, 2020
- Foundation of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Syracuse Young Professionals Committee, Member
- Georgetown University Law Center Barristers’ Council: Trial Advocacy Division, Member
- Leadership Greater Syracuse Class of 2018, Graduate
- Loretto Foundation Board, Trustee
- Poverello Health Clinic at Franciscan Northside Ministries, Volunteer
- Volunteer Lawyers Project of Onondaga County Eviction Defense Program, Volunteer