Liza counsels and represents diverse clients throughout all phases of civil litigation in state and federal courts.
As part of the litigation team at Bond, she engages with clients to understand and serve their needs, crafting efficient and effective solutions to issues they face, either as plaintiffs or defendants.
Over the course of her practice, Liza has handled matters for individuals, small businesses, not-for-profits, corporations and LLCs, media companies, higher education institutions and governmental authorities. In so doing, she has gained experience in breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty actions, trade secret and non-competition claims, Article 78 and accreditation cases, defamation and alter-ego allegations and employment discrimination matters.
Through these experiences, Liza has developed know-how in strategizing the retention, review and production of copious amounts of electronic data, working towards the resolution of disputes in light of a client’s ultimate goals and needs, researching and analyzing discrete legal issues facing clients during litigation and collaborating with attorneys to ensure client satisfaction and success in an ever-changing legal landscape.
Honors & Affiliations
- New York State Bar Association
- Northern District of New York Federal Bar Association
- Central New York Women’s Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association, CLE Committee; Young Lawyers Section
- Articles Editor, Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics
- Legal Intern, Honorable Mae A. D’Agostino, U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- Member, Georgetown University Law Center Barristers’ Council: Trial Advocacy Division
- “Toxic Tort and Environmental Litigation: What Does a Reformed TSCA Mean for Private Rights of Action Under State Law?” Bond Information Memo, September 2016
- “Toxic Tort and Environmental Litigation: TSCA Reformed at Last!,” Bond Information Memo, July 2016
- “Toxic Tort and Environmental Litigation: TSCA Reform: Current Status – Will TSCA’s Fortieth Anniversary Mark its First-Ever Reform?,” Bond Information Memo, March 2016
- “Clients with Diminished Capacity Seek Attorneys with Augmented Integrity,” Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics, Summer 2014
- “The Survival of Social Security: How the Intersection of Social and Economic Policy Has Shaped Social Security in the United Stated of America,” Philosophy, Politics, and the Public Honors Program at Xavier University, Spring 2012
- Volunteer, Poverello Health Clinic