Liza collaborates with clients to understand their ultimate goals and craft efficient and effective solutions to disputes they face. At every phase of civil litigation – from pre-suit negotiations to jury trials – she engages a team-building, creative problem-solving approach to achieve positive, workable resolutions.
Liza counsels and represents diverse clients, from individuals and small business owners to universities and publicly-traded companies, in a variety of industries. She has experience working with these clients on myriad matters, including intellectual property disputes, non-compete agreement enforcement issues, breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty actions, employment and ADA discrimination claims, and unfair competition and business tort litigation.
Regardless of the client, industry, or matter, Liza’s practice focusses on committed, competent, and conscientious advocacy and advice. This focus keeps her – and therefore, the clients she serves – ahead of the curve in an ever-changing legal landscape.
- Assisted in obtaining a jury verdict for trade secret misappropriation, unfair competition, and breach of contract and an award of compensatory and punitive damages in the amount of $2.65 million.
- Assisted in obtaining a jury verdict in federal court in favor of a national not-for-profit in an action brought against a former fiduciary.
- Assisted in defending and limiting the liability of an individual and small businesses in a bench trial regarding breach of contract, fraud, and piercing the corporate veil.
- Defended an authority from an employment discrimination case
- Represented a corporation in the protection of its valuable intellectual property.
- Defended members of a start-up limited liability company in an action brought by another member and derivatively on behalf of the company itself.
- Defended a higher education institution in Article 78 litigation challenging denial of tenure.
- Defended a higher education institution in an accreditation dispute.
- Assisted in obtaining dismissal of a defamation case, and subsequent appeal thereof, brought against a media company.
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- New York Super Lawyers 2019®, Upstate New York Rising Star, Civil Litigation: Defense
- Central New York Women’s Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Northern District of New York Federal Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- Articles Editor, Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics
- Legal Intern, Honorable Mae A. D’Agostino, U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
- “Toxic Tort and Environmental Litigation: What Does a Reformed TSCA Mean for Private Rights of Action Under State Law?” Bond Information Memo, September 2016
- “Toxic Tort and Environmental Litigation: TSCA Reformed at Last!,” Bond Information Memo, July 2016
- “Toxic Tort and Environmental Litigation: TSCA Reform: Current Status – Will TSCA’s Fortieth Anniversary Mark its First-Ever Reform?,” Bond Information Memo, March 2016
- “Clients with Diminished Capacity Seek Attorneys with Augmented Integrity,” Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics, Summer 2014
- “The Survival of Social Security: How the Intersection of Social and Economic Policy Has Shaped Social Security in the United Stated of America,” Philosophy, Politics, and the Public Honors Program at Xavier University, Spring 2012
- Foundation of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Syracuse Young Professionals Committee, Member
- Georgetown University Law Center Barristers’ Council: Trial Advocacy Division, Member
- Leadership Greater Syracuse Class of 2018, Graduate
- Loretto Foundation Board, Trustee
- Poverello Health Clinic at Franciscan Northside Ministries, Volunteer
- Volunteer Lawyers Project of Onondaga County Eviction Defense Program, Volunteer