Robert advises physicians, medical practice groups, human services agencies, faculty practice plans and other health care providers with respect to compliance, reimbursement, and regulatory matters, including Federal and state self-referral and anti-kickback laws, HIPAA compliance, governmental and payor audits, reimbursement issues, structuring health care transactions and other health care matters.
He has written and lectured extensively on the health care reform law and other health care topics, including at conferences sponsored by the Medical Group Management Association and the New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants.
Robert also counsels business and nonprofit clients with respect to employee compensation and benefits matters, including pension, 401(k) and other qualified retirement plans, ESOPs, health, cafeteria (§125) and other welfare plans, deferred compensation plans, executive compensation, and benefits issues relating to mergers and acquisitions.
Health Law Wire
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2020, Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law (listed for 10 years)
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Buffalo Niagara Human Resource Association
- International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans
- National Center for Employee Ownership
- Society for Human Resources Management
- The Future of Binding Arbitration Agreements in Long Term Care, ABA Health eSource, Vol. 13 No. 3, November 2016
- Church-Affiliated Hospital Pension Plans - Subject to ERISA?, Confero (Westminster Consulting), Vol. 15, Summer 2016
- Cybersecurity: Key Issues for Health Care Boards, ABA Health eSource, Vol. 12 No. 8, April 2016
- Interviewed: Petro, Time has come to ‘play or pay’, Buffalo Business First, December 15, 2014
- Interviewed: Drury, Revised HIPAA rules zero in on breaches, Buffalo Business First, April 15, 2013
- The "Summary of Benefits and Coverage" Requirement Under PPACA, ABA Health eSource, Vol. 8 No. 11, July 2012
- Board Member, P2 Collaborative of Western New York
- Former Board Member, Artpark & Company, Inc.
- Former Board Member, Buffalo Philharmonic Chorus