Suzanne handles litigation throughout New York state courts and in federal courts across the country, including multi-district litigation. Her practice also includes representing clients in administrative hearings and resolving disputes through mediation.
Suzanne has extensive experience arguing appeals in both state and federal court. She represents a variety of public and private companies as well as non-profit organizations in complex civil litigation. Suzanne handles commercial disputes, breach of contract, employment discrimination, unfair competition, trade secret and antitrust matters. Her practice also includes complex environmental litigation, encompassing defense of personal injury and property damage claims in multi-plaintiff cases arising from the contamination of soil and groundwater. Suzanne has experience defending personal injury claims based on exposure to hazardous substances in consumer products. She also represents clients in white collar criminal matters and False Claims Act litigation.
Suzanne counsels and represents a wide variety of clients, including individuals, manufacturers, media companies, pharmaceutical companies, financial institutions, municipalities, not-for-profit organizations, small business owners, school districts and universities.
Suzanne serves on numerous committees within the firm. She also serves as Vice-Chair of the Board of Directors of Hiscock Legal Aid Society and is a member of the Board of Directors of Child Care Solutions. Suzanne participates in the Volunteer Lawyer Program and has volunteered numerous times as an evaluator for trial and appellate competitions at Syracuse University College of Law.
Prior to joining the firm, Suzanne served as Law Clerk to the Honorable Rosemary S. Pooler, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2020, Commercial Litigation
- New York Super Lawyers 2010®, Environmental Litigation; Antitrust Litigation; Personal Injury Defense: General
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent Rated
- New York State Bar Association, Co-Chair Appellate Practice Committee of the Commercial and Federal Litigation section, 2016-2019
- New York State Bar Association, Women in the Law Section, 2014-present
- Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association, Board of Directors, 2018 - present
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- Central New York Women’s Bar Association, Board of Directors, 2014 - present
- Empire State Counsel Pro Bono 2018 Honoree
- YWCA Champion of Diversity, 2017
- Central New York Business Journal, 2016 Successful Business Women Awards
- Auburn High School Alumni Hall of Distinction, 2015
- Graduate, 2009 Leadership Greater Syracuse
- Mediator, ADR Mandatory Mediation Program, Northern District of New York
- Expert Witnesses in the New York State and Federal Courts, New York State - Federal Judicial Council and Advisory Group Second Circuit Continuing Legal Education Program, October 19, 2018
- Panel Member, NDNY-FCBA CLE, The Disciplined Deposition: Tips for Taking a Deposition in a Federal Court Proceeding, March 31, 2016
- Panel Member, NDNY-FCBA CLE, False Claims Act and Qui Tam Seminar, April 22, 2015
- The False Claims Act – What You Need to Know, Bond In-House Counsel CLE Series, November 18, 2014
- False Claims Act and Qui Tam Enforcement: All Points of View, Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association CLE, July 15, 2014
- Drafting 101: Complaints and Removal Papers, Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association CLE, March 18, 2013
- Federal Courts Jurisdiction and Venue Act, Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association CLE, August 13, 2012
- Member, Women Presidents' Organization, Syracuse Chapter II, 2019
- Board of Directors, Onondaga County Bar Foundation, 2015-present
- Board of Directors, Syracuse University Law Alumni Association, 2013-present
- Hiscock Legal Aid Society, Board of Directors, 2010-2018; Board Chair, 2014-2017
- Former Board Member, Child Care Solutions, 2007-2012
- Volunteer Lawyers Project of Onondaga County, Landlord/Tenant Court Volunteer, 2006-present
- Volunteer evaluator for trial/appellate competitions and panelist at Syracuse University College of Law