Tom is retired. He has more than 35 years’ experience as a trial lawyer in the state and federal courts throughout New York State.
He is past chair of the firm’s Litigation Department, a former member of the firm’s Management Committee, and is currently serving on the firm’s Compensation Committee. Tom has experience with all types of litigation, including products liability, commercial, construction, and trust and estate litigation.
Tom is a Fellow in the prestigious American College of Trial Lawyers and former New York-Upstate Committee Chair. Fellowship in the American College of Trial Lawyers is extended only by invitation, after careful investigation, to those experienced trial lawyers who have mastered the art of advocacy and whose professional careers have been marked by the highest standards of ethical conduct, professionalism, civility and collegiality. Membership in the College cannot exceed 1% of the total lawyer population of any state or province.
Some of Tom’s trial experiences include the following:
- 7-week jury trial on behalf of subcontractor against general contractor in a bridge rehabilitation construction claim. Obtained a verdict in excess of $1.2 million.
- 5-week non-jury trial on behalf of 2 beneficiaries of a trust administered by a local bank trustee. Obtained a verdict in excess of $10 million.
- 2-week jury trial on behalf of elevator manufacturer which was sued for negligent maintenance. Obtained a defense verdict.
- 2-week jury trial on behalf of manufacturer sued for wrongful death. Obtained a defense verdict.
- Miscellaneous jury trials in personal injury and property damages cases based on negligence.