Alyssa Campbell to Present at CNY SHRM: The Ins and Outs of Hiring Veterans
May 2, 2018
Have you ever been hesitant to hire a veteran? This two-hour program will give a better understanding of the benefits of hiring a veteran. Alyssa Campbell from Bond, Schoeneck & King will review the legal things you need to know in regards to ADA, FMLA, PFL and so much more. You will hear from local organizations such as, Clear Path for Veterans and the Institute for Veterans and Military Families, that specialize in matching veterans with employers. You will also get a chance to ask questions of all our panelists, including a local company with a successful veteran hiring program, as well as a veteran who has been in and out of the job market.
Presenters and Panelists:
- Alyssa Campbell - Bond, Schoeneck & King
- Earl Fontenot- Chief Strategic Officer at Clear Path for Veterans
- Will Sympson - Talent Acquisition Manager at SRC, Inc.
- Rosalinda Vasquez Maury, M.S. - Institute for Veterans and Military Families
- Louis "Drew" Lindstrom - Veteran
Thursday, May 3rd, 2018
Registration/Networking Breakfast: 8:00 am
Program: 8:30 am - 10:30 am
Location: Bella Domani, 5988 E Taft Rd, Syracuse, NY 13212
This program is approved for 2.0 General HRCI credits for PHR, SPHR and GPHR and for 2.0 PDC credits through SHRM for SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP.
We hope that after our program, you will have a better understanding of how easy it is to hire a veteran, as well as some incentives your company may be able to take advantage of.
People who should attend:
- HR Representatives
- Anyone with the ability to make a hiring decision
- Member - $45
- Non-Member - $55
- Transitional or Student - $25
- 1/2 Table - $200 (5)
- Full Table - $390 (10)