The NYS Sexual Harassment Requirements: An Interim Discussion for Employers - Complimentary Webinar
September 5, 2018
As you are likely aware, new sexual harassment prevention legislation impacting New York employers will become effective October 9, 2018. On August 23rd, New York State issued a draft model sexual harassment prevention policy, a draft sexual harassment prevention training program, and FAQs, seeking public comment.
This complimentary webinar is a preliminary discussion for employers regarding:
- Highlights of key differences between:
- the draft model sexual harassment prevention policy and traditional policies;
- the draft model sexual harassment prevention training and traditional training.
- Other significant open questions raised by the NYS draft documents (for example, integration of the model policy with existing anti-harassment policies and procedures; acceptable methods for training new hires within 30 days of hire).
- The latest information from NYS Department of Labor and the NYS Division of Human Rights as to the timeline for finalizing the draft documents and addressing the above issues.
- What clients should anticipate between now and the October 9th statutory effective date and what Bond will be providing its clients to assist with their legal compliance.
Please join us for this brief, informative discussion on Thursday, September 6, 2018 from noon - 12:30 p.m.