GDPR, Cybersecurity, and your Capital Region Business: What You Need to Know
April 15, 2019
By: Fred J. M. Price
Cyber attacks are increasing, even for the smallest of enterprises. These mounting cybersecurity threats require a proactive approach to safeguarding confidential business and employee data, and swift action when a breach does occur. At the same time, new privacy regulations from the European Union are widely impacting U.S. businesses, even those that do not operate abroad.
This program will cover:
- Key strategic elements of a cybersecurity program in todays business environment;
- New Yorks Cybersecurity Rule and how it impacts your business;
- Emerging court decisions on employer liability for a data breach; and
- Cybersecurity insurance and how to evaluate your policy.
The GDPR applies to many U.S. businesses, requiring a fundamental shift in privacy policies and practices for the personal information of customers and employees. The program will also address:
- How the European General Data Protection Rule (GDPR) may apply to your business
- An overview of GDPR requirements and strategies for compliance;
- Other privacy changes on the horizon.
The program will be presented by cybersecurity and data privacy attorneys, and will focus on practical business measures for compliance.
This information is invaluable for:
- Business owners
- Data security and information technology staff
- Operations managers
- Information security officers
- Marketing staff of any business that markets in Europe
Tuesday, April 16, 2019
7:30 - 9:15 a.m.
Bond, Schoeneck, & King's Albany Office
22 Corporate Woods Boulevard - Suite 501
Albany, NY 12211
$30 per person
Tracy E. Miller - Member, Bond, Schoeneck & King
Fred J. M. Price - Member, Bond, Schoeneck & King
Click to view the PowerPoints below:
These presentations are for your own personal use, they are not to be further copied or disseminated. This information does not constitute legal advice.