John Bagyi to Speak at Columbia Greene JSEC Seminar
October 11, 2017
By: John M. Bagyi
Columbia Greene Community College
Professional Academic Center - Room 611-613
4400 Rte. 23
Hudson, New York 12534
Registration and Breakfast Buffet: 8 - 8:30 a.m.
Program: 8:30 - 10 a.m.
Cost: $15.00 per person with pre-registration; $20 per person at the door
New York Paid Family Leave is here. Are you ready?
Guest Speaker: John M. Bagyi, Esq., SPHR, SHRM-SCP
On January 1, 2018, virtually every private employer in New York State will be required to comply with the New York State Paid Family Leave (PFL) law. In this presentation, John will discuss how this groundbreaking new law will impact your workplace and walk through real life scenarios you are likely to encounter as employees begin to utilize this new benefit. Topics we will address include:
- Overview of the PFL legislation and recently finalized regulations
- Coverage and eligibility questions, including waivers
- Interplay with other employee leave programs and laws
- Leave management challenges and solutions
- Best practices for updating your policies