Jonathan Fellows to Moderate Restrictive Covenants: The Good, the Bad and What the Future Holds - NYSBA Webinar
June 17, 2020
This webinar, hosted by the New York State Bar Association, will discuss:
I. Basic points of New York law on the enforceability of restrictive covenants (Michael Cardello and Kevin Schlosser)
- BDO Seidman v. Hirshberg
- Elements of enforceable restrictive covenants
- Temporal and geographic restrictions
- Status of current law
II. Best practices in the preparation of restrictive covenants on behalf of employers (Kevin Schlosser and Michael Cardello)
III. What are the legitimate interests of the employer (Daniel S. Jonas)
- Changing expectation of workforce
- Globalization / Remote Workplace
- Standard language v. customized language
- Methods of resolution
IV. Key issues in adjudicating requests for temporary and preliminary relief
- When should the employer seek interim relief (Daniel S. Jonas);
- What are courts looking for in order to adjudicate temporary relief (Judge Emerson and Judge Greenwood)
- Present a hypothetical and seek audience participation (Judge Emerson and Judge Greenwood)
- Blue Pencil — will New York Courts modify the terms of a Restrictive Covenant rather than strike the Covenant (Judge Emerson and Judge Greenwood).
V. What is the future of restrictive covenants in the changing workplace of the 21st Century? (All panelists/Audience)
June 17, 2020
4 - 5:15 p.m.
1.0 Areas Of Professional Practice Credits
0.5 Skills Credits
Jonathan B. Fellows
Hon. Elizabeth Emerson
Hon. Donald Greenwood
Daniel S. Jonas, Esq.
Kevin Schlosser, Esq.
Michael Cardello, Esq.
Member Price $50
Non-Member Price $150
For more information and to register, click here.