Sara Richmond to Discuss Legal Issues Affecting Transgender and Gender Noncomforming Students
May 19, 2023
By: Sara M. Richmond
Join Bond attorney Sara Richmond and other experienced faculty at the 23rd Annual School Law Institute on May 19, 2023. They will examine significant developments in education law and policy, as well as the implications of these developments for your clients. The program will be offered live in New York City, as well as online.
What You Will Learn
After completing this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the intersection between mental health diagnoses and IDEA disability categories
- Focus on best practices for keeping schools safe while upholding rights of children with disabilities
- Identify key new case law developments
- Consider legal issues affecting transgender and gender nonconforming students in K-12 schools
- Spot ethical issues that can arise in school law practice
Who Should Attend
This program, offering practical guidance and covering the latest legal developments, is valuable for school law attorneys, impartial hearing officers, and agency and school district administrators, as well as parents interested in learning about the unique issues arising in school law.
Legal Issues Affecting Transgender and Gender Nonconforming Students in K-12 Schools
Sara Richmond will present at 2:15 p.m. addressing legal issues affecting transgender and gender nonconforming students in K-12 schools. After completing this session, participants will be able to:
- Identify rights of transgender and gender nonconforming students and challenges that they face
- Explore recent decisions of the US Courts of Appeals and lower courts
- Focus on recent guidance issued by the US Department of Education
- Highlight relevant federal and state laws, regulatory guidance, resources, and model policies
For more information and to register, click here.