The Impact of the New State Sick Leave Law for New York Employers - Complimentary Webinar
August 20, 2020
As part of its 2021 State Budget, New York passed a new sick leave law applying to private employers in New York. Under the law, employees may begin to accrue sick leave in September 2020 for use in January 2021. This program will set forth the requirements that the sick leave law imposes on employers.
Topics will include:
- Accrual, carryover and allowable uses of the leave
- How to incorporate the new sick leave into existing paid time off policies
- How the leave applies to part-time and per diem employees
- Collective bargaining implications
- Employer record-keeping requirements, and much more.
We encourage participants to submit questions in advance to Kathy Purdy at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to answer as many of them as we can within the hour program.
Thursday, August 20
Noon - 1 p.m.
Andrew D. Bobrek, Member - Syracuse
Theresa E. Rusnak, Associate - Rochester