Zoom Workshop for Solo Practitioner Psychotherapists - New or Established
May 9, 2020
A legal and accounting workshop covering business entity selection, healthcare law, accounting best practices and common tax issues. Workshop will be followed by a presentation starting at 12:15 prepared by Dr. Kola Alao regarding Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation.
Via Zoom Video
Saturday, May 9
8:15 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Invoiced via email
8:15 - 8:30 a.m. Introduction
8:30 - 9:30 a.m. Choice of Entity – Sole Proprietorship, PLLC or PC
- Which entity is right for your practice?
- What are most common legal issues that private practitioners should consider?
- How do you protect your personal assets and prevent others from “piercing the corporate veil”?
9:45 - 10:45 a.m. Health Care Law Best Practices for Therapists
- How to be HIPAA compliant, including with electronic communications?
- How to be legally compliant in use of telehealth?
- What are the most common legal issues for private practitioners in the areas of health care law and compliance?
- When should a health care attorney be hired and how to find someone capable?
11 a.m. - 12 p.m. Accounting Best Practices for Therapists
- What are the five accounting issues people usually get wrong in private practice?
- What do you need to do to set up correct accounting procedures?
- What do you need to do to set yourself up for correct tax preparations?
- What is deductible? And what can you put against for startup costs?
12:15 - 1 p.m. Understanding TMS – Pulses vs. Pills
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) targets key areas of the brain that are underactive in people with depression. It is not ECT (electroconvulsive therapy).
- Learn to identify opportunities to employ this technology to benefit your clients.
Technology Sponsored by:
Bond, Schoeneck & King