Jeffrey is a business law attorney who represents a wide range of small to mid-size businesses across New York State, including Metropolitan New York City.
He focuses his practice on advising closely-held businesses and health care practices on multiple levels and aspects of their business operations and transactional matters, including succession planning, acquisitions, mergers and sales, secured financings, non-qualified deferred compensation matters, equity-related employee benefit matters, shareholder/principal relations, contract negotiations and state and federal tax planning.
Jeffrey has handled numerous private debt and equity placements, including new market tax credit financings and venture capital investments, and made securities filings for Regulation D offerings and State Blue Sky offerings. He also provides legal services to tax-exempt organizations and currently serves as general counsel to a family foundation.
Events and Webinars
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- New York Super Lawyers®, Business and Corporate, 2021
- New York State Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- An Interview with Jeffrey Scheer, Business Law and Cannabis, Legally Bond Podcast, May 17, 2021
- Managing in Year 2 of a Pandemic - Round 2 of PPP Loans, Chemung County Chamber of Commerce, February 16, 2021
- Panel Member, SBA's Paycheck Protection Program and Farmer Co-ops, National Council of Farmer Cooperatives, April 6, 2020
- Panel Member, Successful Strategies for Ownership Transition, Dannible & McKee’s Central NY Manufacturing Conference, October 17, 2017
- Legal Update, Syracuse Builders Exchange - Construction Company Growth Accelerator Program, October 11, 2017
- Moderator, UVANY Middle Market Forum, March 15, 2016
- The Echoes of the New York State Revitalization Act - Is Your Organization Compliant?, Dannible & McKee’s Annual Nonprofit Conference, January 13, 2015
- Quoted in "Where’s the Exit? Planning Business Succession," Oswego County Business Magazine, September 27, 2021
- "Practical Advice for Prospective THC License-Holders," New York Cannabis Growers and Processors Association Newsletter, June 2021
- Quoted in "PPP Round 2: What Small Business Owners Need to Do Right Now to Get Help," syracuse.com, January 9, 2021
- Quoted in "Local Businesses Eagerly Await Second Round of PPP Assistance," 10 Tampa Bay, December 28, 2020
- Quoted in "Quickie lender Kabbage doled out billions in PPP loans. A number of borrowers raised red flags," Miami Herald, September 10, 2020
- Quoted in "Copycat websites, newly minted companies, double dippers cashed in on PPP loans," Miami Herald, September 9, 2020
- Quoted in "Senate Considers Vote on PPP Bill: CNY Small Business Owners Say Changes Needed Now," syracuse.com, June 3, 2020
- Quoted in "You Got a PPP Loan. Now What? 4 Expert Tips From a Small Businesses Lawyer," syracuse.com, May 6, 2020
- Quoted in "Guide to Federal Small Business Loans: 9 Expert Tips on Coronavirus Relief Funds," syracuse.com, April 13, 2020
- Business Journal News Network, Board Leadership Award Honoree 2016
- Board Member, Green Family Foundation
- Board Member, The Jewish Community Foundation of Central New York, Inc.
- Board Member, The Jewish Health & Rehabilitation Center
- Board Member, The Jewish Home of Central New York Foundation
- Chair, Board of Trustees, Public Broadcasting Council of Central New York, Inc. (WCNY)