As a trial attorney, John has spent his entire 34 year legal career at the firm, where he has achieved extensive experience and success in civil litigation and alternative dispute resolution, while representing product manufacturers, service businesses, insurance companies and brokers, construction companies, colleges and universities and individuals in both Federal and State Courts, as well as administrative agencies.
John’s versatility and skill as a litigator has been acknowledged by his peers, as demonstrated by the recognition from The Best Lawyers in America for the past several years in the categories of Personal Injury, Commercial and Labor & Employment Litigation.
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2019, Commercial Litigation; Litigation - Labor and Employment; Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants (listed for 15 years)
- Best Lawyers’ 2018 Syracuse Litigation - Labor and Employment Lawyer of the Year
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent Rated
- New York Super Lawyers 2018®, Personal Injury General: Defense (listed for 10 years)
- New York State Bar Association, Trial Lawyers Section; Torts, Insurance and Negligence Section
- Onondaga County Bar Association, Member Grievance Committee
- Albany Law Review, Staff Member, 1979-1980; Notes Editor, 1980-1981
- Justinian Honorary Law Society
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- Board Member, Onondaga County Bar Association