Kristin provides value to her clients by representing them in all aspects of school law, municipal law and landlord/tenant law issues.
Kristin advises school law clients throughout New York. She provides advice relating to special education, student issues and general education law. She has reviewed and drafted polices, notices and ballot propositions. Specifically, Kristin has dealt with matters relating to
- School district election requirements
- FOIL Requests
- STAR Tax Exemptions and Property Tax Relief Credit
- McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act and education for homeless students
- Reporting Requirements for the Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse for School Bus Drivers
- Board of Election Conflict of Interests and Self-dealing
- FMLA leave for IEP Meetings
- Open Meeting and Public Officers Law
- Vehicle and Traffic Law Article 19-A requirements
- Homebound instruction requirements for suspended students
Additionally, Kristin assists clients with landlord/tenant issues as needed.
Prior to joining Bond, Kristin completed a two-year clerkship with the New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division, Fourth Department in Rochester, New York.
Honors & Affiliations
- Order of the Coif
- Justinian Honorary Law Society
- New York State Bar Association
- Monroe County Bar Association
- Monroe County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section, CLE Co-Chair
- Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys
- Associate Notes Editor, Syracuse Law Review
- Volunteer Attorney, Volunteer Legal Services of Monroe County, Inc.
- Young Lawyers Section of the Monroe County Bar Association
- Syracuse University College of Law Pro Bono Fellow (2015-2016)
- Syracuse University College of Law Pro Bono Advisory Board Co-Chair (2014-2016)
- Moderator, The ABCs of Data Privacy: GDPR, CCPA, NY SHIELD Act and More, Monroe County Bar Association, April 16, 2020
- Attorney Volunteer Advisor, Rochester Teen Court
- Youth Mentor, Compeer Rochester