Mark counsels employers on a broad range of matters affecting the workplace. His practice includes litigating employment-related cases in federal and state courts, and representing employers and management before various governmental administrative agencies, including the EEOC, NYSDHR and NLRB.
Mark provides employers advice and consultation on matters concerning discrimination, harassment and retaliation, medical leaves of absence and wage and hour compliance. He also provides EEO training, policy review and assistance with all types of personnel-related issues.
In addition, Mark has experience representing management in traditional labor law matters, including arbitrations, collective bargaining and union organizing campaigns. He has spoken on a variety of employment subjects, such as complying with family and medical leave laws, preventing employment discrimination and harassment, union avoidance and conducting workplace investigations.
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- New York Super Lawyers 2017®, Employment and Labor
- New York State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Erie County Bar Association, Labor & Employment Law Committee
- Associated Builders and Contactors, Empire State Chapter, Associate Member
- Affirmative Action Update, Niagara Frontier Chapter, Construction Financial Management Association, October 4, 2016
- Wage and Hour Update for Hospitality Industry Employers, 3rd Annual Destination Marketing Summit Managing and Marketing our Destination: Food for Thought, October 3, 2016
- Legal Update for Health Care Employees, Leading Age WNY, 2016 HR Summit - Western NY, August 10, 2016
- Panelist, New Overtime Rules & Paid Family Leave Program: What Every Employer Needs to Know, Buffalo Niagara Partnership Capital Conversation, July 19, 2016
- DOL Audits: What You Can Do in Preparation for an Investigation, Associated Builders & Contractors, May 12, 2016
- What Construction Employers Need To Know About The NLRB’s New Joint Employer Standard, Associated Builders and Contractors, November 19, 2015
- Surviving the Department of Labor Vice Grip: Practical Insight for Effectively Managing the Flood of New Employer Regulations, Lumsden McCormick LLP 2015 Exempt Organizations Conference, Novemer 6, 2015
- Legal Developments Affecting Construction Employers, Associated Builders and Contractors WNY ABC Legal Update, December 11, 2014
- "EEOC's Proposed Guidance Targets Retaliation Claims," Buffalo Law Journal, April 4, 2016
- Quoted in "White-Collar Salary Requirements Proposed," Buffalo Business First, October 2015
- Board of Directors, Orchard Park CCRC, Inc. dba Fox Run at Orchard Park
- Committee Member, Associated Builders & Contractors, WNY Regional Leadership Council/ Empire Chapter Professional Services
- President, East Aurora Swim Team Boosters Club, Inc.