Nick strives to provide timely and practical advice that exceeds client expectations.
Nick represents domestic and international clients in many different types of business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions and financing transactions.
Nick also has considerable experience in antitrust and consumer protection, including matters under the Sherman Act, the Clayton Act, the Federal Trade Commission Act, the Robinson-Patman Act, and other federal and state antitrust and consumer protection statutes. Nick’s experience includes:
- Analyzing the competitive effects of proposed transactions
- Presenting materials to and negotiating with the U.S. Federal Trade Commission and state regulators with respect to pending transactions
- Analyzing various business transactions under the Sherman Act and the Clayton Act
- Analyzing pricing structures under the Robinson-Patman Act
- Reviewing proposed business practices for compliance with the Federal Trade Commission Act
Nick also has substantial experience with import and export compliance matters, including with respect to:
- U.S. Export Administration Regulations (EAR)
- U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- U.S. Department of the Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)
- U.S. import duties
- U.S. antidumping and countervailing duty matters
- Developing and implementing import and export compliance programs
Additionally, Nick regularly advises clients on complex business contracts, confidentiality agreements, government contracts, corporate governance, document retention, and other general corporate matters.
His non-legal experience includes serving in the U.S. Marine Corps for four years.