Paul is a business law attorney who has assisted both acquiring companies and target companies in connection with asset purchase agreements, stock purchase agreements, mergers and other acquisition transactions. Such representation has consisted of the preparation and negotiation of transaction documents, due diligence review, and regulatory compliance matters.
- Represented purchaser in asset sale of multiple newspaper companies.
- Represented purchaser in the sale of a plumbing franchise.
- Represented purchasers as local counsel in connection with asset sale of document destruction companies.
- Represented purchaser in purchase of stock of metal fabricator.
- Represented purchaser in purchase of assets from developing and manufacturing simulation technologies company.
- Represented seller in sale of assets of two-way radio business.
- Represented seller in sale of assets of wireless broadband network provider.
- Represented seller in sale of assets of convenience store and gas station.
- Represented seller in sale of stock of bar and restaurant business.
- Assisted in representation of parties in multiple mergers of not-for-profit institutions.
- Assisted in representation of publicly traded national bank in merger transactions with other financial institutions.
- Assisted in representation of seller in sale of ownership interest in landfill companies.
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- New York Super Lawyers 2016®, Upstate New York Rising Star, Business/Corporate
- New York Super Lawyers 2015®, Upstate New York Rising Star, Business/Corporate
- New York State Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- ABA/BNA Award for Excellence in the Study of Labor and Employment Law
- National Association of College and University Attorneys (NACUA)
- NACUANOTES, Editorial Board Committee Member (2009-present)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- COVID-19 and the Road to Recovery Webinar, Chemung Chamber of Commerce, May 14, 2020
- Choosing the Right Business Entity, Syracuse University, Whitman School of Management Entrepreneurship Bootcamp
- Quoted in "Successful Startups Begin With Planning," Buffalo Law Journal, March 16, 2019
- Paul J. Avery and Mike Glazier, Co-Authors, "O’Bannon v. NCAA: The District Court Decision," National Association of College and University Attorneys - NACUANOTES, October 6, 2014
- Board Member and Secretary, InfoTech WNY, 2019 - present
- Member, SUNY Buffalo Law Alumni Association Central New York Chapter Steering Committee
- Volunteer Judge, Syracuse University, Whitman School of Management Panasci Business Plan Competition