Rick practices in the area of collegiate athletics, which includes the representation of Colleges, Universities, athletics conferences and associations, and individuals in National Collegiate Athletic Association related matters.
Previously, he served six years as Director of Legislative Services for the NCAA and one year as an NCAA enforcement representative.
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2020, Sports Law (listed for more than 10 years)
- Best Lawyers’ 2018 Kansas City-KS Sports Law Lawyer of the Year
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent Rated
- Sports Business Journal, 2016 Power Player
- College Athletics Update: Emerging Legal Issues, National Association of College and University Attorneys, March 14, 2018
- Presenter, Baylor University Sports Law Symposium, March 26, 2018
- Crisis Time for Athletics: Not Just the NCAA, Playing by the Rules: Law and Collegiate Sports Conference, October 20, 2017
- Chairman, The Monsignor Tom Culhane Endowment Fund