Fall Breakfast Briefing (Downstate) - Confronting and Controlling Pay Equity Risks for New York Employers
October 22, 2019 - October 31, 2019
From Wall Street to Main Street, from the boardroom to the soccer pitch, and every work venue in between, employers face claims of an uneven playing field. Pay equity liability has become an urgent concern for senior HR leaders, general counsel, and risk managers.
The legal landscape for these pay discrimination claims has shifted sharply in the past two years with major changes in NY laws and with the increased risk of class action challenges to compensation systems based on sex or race. This program, co-sponsored by Bond, Schoeneck & King and Welch Consulting, will examine key concepts for NY employers, including:
- The serious pay equity risks confronting employers under federal, state and local laws
- The value of a well-structured, analytical approach to evaluating pay equity issues in a compensation system using a detailed case study
- Proactive strategies to address potential risks
- Defensive strategies when confronted with litigation
- Facing the unique challenges raised by class actions or collective actions asserting pay equity claims
Join us for this timely and important Breakfast Briefing offered across New York State.
Dates and Locations:
|Long Island • October 22
|New York City • October 31
AMA Executive Conference Center
9 - 9:30 a.m. - Registration and Continental Breakfast
9:30 - 11 a.m. - Program
1.5 General HRCI Credits
1.5 SHRM PDCs
1.5 of Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Skills Credits for this program are pending approval.
This event is intended for the invited guests of Bond, Schoeneck & King, PLLC and Welch Consulting, who reserve the right to deny admission to any registrant.