Catching Up with the Latest New York COVID-19 Restrictions
June 23, 2021
As a bonus to Bond’s June 22 webinar about the evolving legal implications of COVID-19 for business, Bond government relations attorney Caitlin A. Anderson addressed some frequently asked questions about New York State’s current COVID-19 restrictions.
- Do unvaccinated New Yorkers still need to wear masks and maintain social distance? Answer: Yes.
- Do employers still need to administer health screening questionnaires? Answer: Mostly no. The exceptions are industries for which reopening guidance documents still apply. Go to forward.ny.gov to check.
- Are businesses permitted to continue requiring masks and health screenings in the workplace? Answer: Yes.
- Can businesses open up their common areas (i.e., lunchrooms, vending machine areas)? Answer: Yes, but remember to require masks and social distancing of unvaccinated employees.
The full presentation covered the following topics:
- OSHA's COVID-19 Guidance, FAQs and Unresolved Issues
- HERO Act Amendments and New Deadlines
- Update from Albany
- What COVID Laws/Restrictions Remain and FAQs
Click here to view the webinar in its entirety or to register for upcoming Tuesday presentations.