2018 Year In Review: Labor & Employment Law - Complimentary Webinar
January 9, 2019
Please join us for this complimentary webinar in which we will take a look back at significant labor and employment law developments during the past year, including important legislative changes, court rulings, and other legal developments that will impact employers for years to come. We will also look ahead to 2019 to address what is in store for employers.
Thursday, January 10, 2019
Noon - 1:30 p.m.
Legislation and Regulations Affecting Employer Policies & Practices
- NYS Paid Family Leave
- NYS & NYC Sexual Harassment
- Minimum Wage & Salary Threshold Increases
- White Collar Exemptions
Joint Employees & Other Non-traditional Employment Relationships
- NLRB Developments
- The DOL’s View
- NY Agencies & Courts Weigh In
New Risks in Employment Discrimination Litigation
- Sexual Orientation Discrimination under Title VII
- Sexual Harassment under NYS Law
- The Expansive Scope of the NYC HRL
- Class Action and Jury Trial Waivers
Public Sector Developments
- Agency Fees and Union Dues After Janus
- Expanded NY Civil Service Law Protections
2019: What Lies Ahead?
- NYS “On-Demand Scheduling” Regulations
- The Future of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)
- Marijuana Legalization – What It Means for Employers
- Even More Paid Family Leave
- Will NLRB Initiatives Move Forward?
Gregory B. Reilly, Andrew D. Bobrek, Howard M. Miller, Hilary L. Moreira, Aaron M. Pierce and Theresa E. Rusnak