Theresa is a labor and employment law attorney who counsels employers in a wide variety of labor and employment law matters, including addressing wage and hour issues, responding to claims of employment discrimination, harassment, wrongful discharge and retaliation, drafting personnel policies and employee manuals, and dealing with unfair labor practice charges and collective bargaining issues.
She represents clients in state and federal litigation, arbitration and mediation proceedings and hearings before state and federal governments, agencies and boards.
Honors & Affiliations
- New York State Bar Association
- Monroe County Bar Association
- Articles Editor, Georgetown Journal of Legal Ethics
- Theresa E. Rusnak and Tyler T. Hendry, "Survey: Labor and Employment Law," Syracuse Law Review, Spring 2019
- Interviewed for "SCOTUS decisions could impact unions," Rochester First, June 27, 2018
- Interviewed for "What the Janus decision means for New York's workforce," Spectrum News Rochester, June 27, 2018
- Interviewed for "#MeToo movement is changing how companies deal with harassment," Rochester Business News BizCast, March 22, 2018
- Interviewed for "#MeToo is changing HR approach," The Daily Record, March 21, 2018
- Theresa E. Rusnak and James Holahan, “No Help Wanted: The Regulation and Elimination of Retail Positions,” New York Law Journal, February 26, 2018
- “How Do You Spell P-A-I-D F-A-M-I-L-Y L-E- A-V-E?: An Exploration of New York’ s Paid Family Leave Act,” New York State Bar Association Labor and Employment Law Journal, Fall 2017
- Theresa E. Rusnak and James Holahan, “Increasing State and Local Government Activism Creates Compliance Minefield,” New York Law Journal, February 27, 2017
- Training The Trainer: Everything You Need to Know for the New Harassment Training Required by Law, CNY SHRM, January 24, 2019
- Board Member, Hope for Two… the Pregnant with Cancer Network