COVID-19 Illnesses and Workers’ Compensation
March 23, 2022
As a bonus to Bond’s March 22 Back to Business webinar, Bond labor and employment attorney Stephanie H. Fedorka recapped the day’s discussion of COVID-19 and the workers’ compensation laws. As a general rule, any COVID-related illnesses or injuries arising out of a person’s employment are subject to the workers’ compensation exclusivity rule, which holds that employees have to seek relief for workplace injuries from the state workers’ compensation board, as opposed to a lawsuit filed in court.
The full Tuesday webinar covered the following topics:
- COVID & NY HERO Act Update
- Uniformed Services Employment & Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)
- COVID Litigation & Workers’ Compensation Exclusivity
- New York’s Automatic Renewal Law
- Business Insurance Coverage in the Time of COVID
Click here to view the webinar in its entirety or to register for upcoming Tuesday presentations.