Brian is co-chair of the firm's tax practice. With more than 30 years of experience, he concentrates his practice on collectively bargained and multiemployer plans, church plans, tax sheltered annuity and deferred compensation plans for tax exempt organizations; estate and income tax planning for qualified retirement plans and IRAs; trusts and estates; tax and corporate law; and qualified domestic relations orders and qualified medical child support orders.
Brian was an adjunct law professor at Syracuse University teaching Deferred Compensation and an adjunct professor teaching Trusts and Estates for almost 20 years.
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- Best Lawyers in America® 2020, Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law; Tax Law (listed for more than 10 years)
- Best Lawyers Syracuse Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law Lawyer of the Year, 2015, 2017, 2020
- Best Lawyers Syracuse Tax Law Lawyer of the Year, 2017, 2019
- New York Super Lawyers 2019®, Employee Benefits
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent Rated
- Fellow, American College of Employee Benefits Counsel
- American Bar Association, Labor Law Section, Employee Benefits Committee
- New York State Bar Association, Trusts and Estates Law Section, Insurance and Pension Committee; Former Chair, Life Insurance and Employee Benefits Committee
- Strathmore's Who's Who, 2010 Professional of the Year for Employee Benefits Law
- IRA Planning Under the Required Minimum Distribution Rules, Central New York Accounting & Financial Women's Alliance, November 22, 2019
- Bond's Statewide Pension Fund Seminar, Fall 2016
- Board member, Hope for Bereaved, Inc.