Charlie is chair of Bond's Agribusiness Industry Practice Group.
He advises cooperatives, agricultural associations, agricultural suppliers, agricultural lenders, food processors, other agribusinesses and farmers about a variety of matters, including business formation, business governance, finance and credit, taxation, securities compliance, antitrust regulation and contracts. He assists clients with: transactions and business planning; representation before the USDA Farm Service Agency; challenges to USDA determinations before the USDA National Appeals Division and federal courts; representation before the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets; food processor licensing and compliance; land use, farmland protection and agricultural districts; and matters involving the Perishable Agricultural Commodities and Packers and Stockyards Acts.
A frequent speaker on a variety of agricultural law topics, Charlie was raised on a dairy farm in Malone, New York.
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2020, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law; Corporate Law; Litigation - Bankruptcy (listed for 10 years)
- Best Lawyers' 2019 Syracuse Corporate Law Lawyer of the Year
- Best Lawyers' 2017 Syracuse Corporate Law Lawyer of the Year
- New York Super Lawyers 2019®, Business and Corporate
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent Rated
- New York State Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- Central New York Bankruptcy Bar Association
- American Agricultural Law Association
- Associate Member, Northeast Cooperative Council
- National Council of Farmer Cooperatives; Delegate, Legal, Tax and Accounting Committee
- Statutory Draftsperson, Colorado Cooperatives Act and Amendments to the New York Abandoned Property Law
- Head Note and Comment Editor, Buffalo Law Review
- Executive Council of the Alumni Association, St. Lawrence University, 2009-2018; Treasurer 2010-2012
- School Commission, Holy Family School, Syracuse, 2006-2016; Commission Chairperson 2014-2016
- Board of Directors, NY State Industrial Exhibit Authority, 2004-2008
- Board of Directors, Food Bank of Central New York, Inc.,1998-2004; President 2003-2004
- Moderator, The State of the Wine Industry Report - What Does it Really Mean for New York Wines?, B.E.V. NY Business Day Conference, February 26, 2020