Kate is a labor and employment law attorney who counsels employers in a wide variety of labor and employment law matters, including addressing wage and hour issues, responding to claims of employment discrimination, harassment, wrongful discharge and retaliation, drafting personnel policies and employee manuals, and dealing with unfair labor practice charges and collective bargaining issues.
Kate represents clients in state and federal litigation, arbitration and mediation proceedings and hearings before state and federal government agencies and boards.
Prior to joining Bond, Kate worked at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP in New York City.
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2020, 2019, Employment Law - Management
- New York Super Lawyers® 2019, 2018, Employment & Labor
- New York Super Lawyers® 2015, Upstate New York Rising Star, Employment & Labor
- National Law Journal, Employment Law Trailblazer Award, 2020 – Kate was one of only 25 attorneys selected nationwide for this award
- The Daily Record, Excellence in Law: Top Women in Law, 2020
- Women of Excellence, Rochester Business Journal, 2018
- New York State Bar Association, Empire State Counsel Honoree, 2013-2015
- Forty Under 40 Award, Rochester Business Journal, 2014
- Skadden Distinguished Pro Bono Publico Service Award, 2009
- Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York, Rochester Delegate, 2014-2016
- Greater Rochester Association for Women Attorneys, Board of Directors, 2014-2016; Chair of the Women’s Connections Committee, 2018-2019
- Monroe County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Partner at Bond named a 2020 Employment Law Trailblazer, The Daily Record, March 26, 2020
- Quoted in "#MeToo is changing HR approach," The Daily Record, March 21, 2018
- Quoted in "Major changes for OT - New federal rules to affect most employers," Rochester Business Journal, May 20, 2016
- "How Protected is Your Business From Social Media Litigation," Rochester Business Journal, June 16, 2014
- "Crime and Punishment: Avoiding Punishment for Inquiries into Criminal Convictions and Arrests," Rochester Business Alliance, May/June 2014
- "HR Connection: Court Rules On Time Spent Donning, Doffing Gear," NY Daily Record, February 4, 2014