Randy is dedicated to representing employers on a wide variety of labor and employment matters. He considers his responsibility to clients to go beyond advising them on the law, but, just as importantly, to provide practical guidance on how to achieve their objectives within an often complex legal setting.
Put another way, Randy strives to provide clients with practical guidance for the maintenance a positive human relations environment. He has represented and counseled clients, in a wide variety of industries, and offers counsel and representation in all aspects of employment-related legal issues, including:
- Advising clients on personnel policies and practices
- Advising clients to the various federal and state antidiscrimination laws, including advice on accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act and state equivalent laws.
- Advising clients concerning the various Federal and state leave laws.
- Representation of clients before Federal and state administrative agencies, including the EEOC, the United State Department of Labor and their state equivalents.
- Representation of clients before the National Labor Relations Board
- Representation of clients in arbitration proceedings.
- Representation of clients in collective bargaining.
- Advising of clients concerning the interpretation, application and administration of Collective Bargaining Agreements.
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2020, Employment Law - Management; Labor Law - Management (listed for 35 years)
- 2014 Best Lawyers’ Buffalo Labor Law – Management Lawyer of the Year
- New York Super Lawyers 2019®, Employment and Labor (listed for more than 10 years)
- Chambers USA 2020, Labor and Employment
- Who's Who in America
- Who's Who in American Law
- Who's Who in the World, Labor & Employment Section
- Fellow, College of Labor and Employment Lawyers
- American Bar Association, Labor Law Section; former Co-Chair of the Service Contract Act Subcommittee of the Labor Standards Committee
- New York State Bar Association, Labor Law Section, Government Affairs Committee of the Labor Law Section
- Erie County Bar Association, Labor Law Committee
- New York State Management Attorneys Conference, Former Chair
- Editorial Board and Business Manager, Cornell Law Review
- Recipient, Charles Evans Hughes Scholarship
- Life Trustee, Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra Society; Former Secretary
- Chair, Personnel Committee, Temple Beth Zion
- Successfully assisted companies of other nations to locate in the United States.
- Prevailed in an action in the State’s highest court that created an important interpretation of a Federal Law pertaining to certain public employers.
- Successfully negotiated for employers Collective Bargaining Agreements that have increased efficiency and productivity by significantly altering the prevailing working conditions that then prevailed in the industry.