Stephanie H. Fedorka, David M. Ferrara and Nicholas P. Jacobson to present at National Business Institute event - Advanced Employment Law: What You Need to Know - A 2-Day Practical Course
June 4-5, 2019
By: Stephanie H. Fedorka, David M. Ferrara, Nicholas P. Jacobson
2 Day Seminar: Tuesday, June 4 - Wednesday, June 5, 2019
9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Homewood Suites by Hilton Syracuse
6006 Fair Lakes Road
East Syracuse, NY 13057
Cost: $575 per person
Handle Employment Law Difficulties with Confidence
Rapid employment law legislative and case law evolution has created complex legal questions for employers and employees alike. Merely keeping up with the increasing number of changes can be challenging for the most experienced of practitioners, not to mention practically applying them to demanding situations that may walk through the door at any moment. Attend this comprehensive, two day seminar and obtain the valuable information you need to navigate the rapidly changing employment law landscape. No matter which side of the aisle you represent, you are sure to take away tips and techniques for handling advanced-level issues - register today!
- Clarify confusion regarding workplace LGBT discrimination and create workplace policies that are in line with the latest developments.
- Resolve complicated matters concerning intermittent FMLA leave, termination of employees on leave and more.
- Confidently determine if workplace ADA accommodations constitute an undue hardship on employers.
- Obtain cutting-edge strategies to handle claims of retaliation.
- Get the latest information on FLSA changes and overcome hurdles they create.
- Detect fatal missteps employers make when they use independent contractors.
- Examine the complexities of non-compete agreements and determine to what degree they are enforceable.
Who Should Attend
This advanced-level seminar provides clear legal guidance for complying with employment laws and avoiding lawsuits for:
- Human Resource Managers
- Vice Presidents
David M. Ferrara will present Handling Employee Discrimination and Harassment Claims: Pregnancy, Race, Age, Gender, etc. from 10:25 - 11:45 a.m. on June 4.
Stephanie H. Fedorka will present The FLSA from 9 - 10 a.m. and Non-Compete, Non-Solicit and Confidentiality Agreements from 1:15 - 2:15 p.m. on June 5.
Nicholas P. Jacobson will present Responding to EEOC and State Agency Charges from 11:15 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. and Drugs and Alcohol in the Workplace: Medical Marijuana and Other Considerations from 2:30 - 3:30 p.m. on June 5, 2019.