Nick assists employers with a variety of workplace issues to avoid litigation and effectively manage their workforce. He counsels employers regarding discrimination and harassment investigations, drafting employment and separation agreements, restrictive covenants, labor relations and compliance with state and federal laws, including:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964;
- New York Human Rights Law (NYHRL);
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA);
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA);
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); and
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations.
Nick is also an experienced litigator who regularly defends employers in discrimination, retaliation, wage and hour, and other employment matters in state and federal court, as well as before the New York State Division of Human Rights and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. In addition to private employers, Nick represents schools in all facets of litigation and employee discipline proceedings.
While in law school, Nick interned as a law clerk for United States District Court Judge David N. Hurd in the Northern District of New York.