What Do Surging COVID-19 Rates Mean for NYS Employers?
July 21, 2021
As a bonus to Bond’s July 20 Back to Business webinar, Bond government relations attorney Caitlin A. Anderson recorded a short video about the latest developments with COVID-19 and what they mean for employers in New York State.
Over the past 14 days, the number of COVID-19 cases in New York State has increased 149% – a spike fueled by the highly infectious delta variant. And the Empire State isn’t alone. Los Angeles County recently reinstated its mask mandate in the face of rising infections and hospitalizations – the first major metro area to do so. Fully vaccinated U.S. Olympic athletes, meanwhile, have tested positive in Tokyo after traveling there for the 2020 Summer Games.
Not surprisingly, many employers might be wondering what the apparent backslide means for them and their businesses. Caiti suggests two options:
- Bring back your workplace mask mandate.
- Step up your outreach to all employees about the value of getting vaccinated.
The full presentation covered the following topics:
- Updates Regarding the ARPA COBRA Tax Credit
- Returning to the Office - Grooming and Dress Code Issues
- Higher Education Student Vaccine Mandate Decision and Update
- Update from Albany
Click here to view the webinar in its entirety or to register for upcoming Tuesday presentations.