Amber is a business adviser whose legal and business experience enables her to understand the goals of her clients, to anticipate potential problems, and to strategize to implement workable creative corporate solutions. In particular, she is a valued resource to her clients in the area of cybersecurity, helping them minimize their risk and exposure in the ever-evolving technology space.
Amber helps clients in a wide range of data privacy and security practices and compliance issues, advising them on various state, federal and international cybersecurity and data privacy laws. Amber conducts cybersecurity risk management assessments as well as training, data audit and compliance reviews, and advises her clients on various aspects of data security. Amber also assists clients with data breach obligations and compliance matters including international data security laws impacting domestic and international business clients such as how the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) affects domestic clients.
Events and Webinars
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- Best Lawyers®: Ones to Watch, Corporate Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2021
- New York State Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- CNY Women’s Bar Association
- Syracuse College of Law Alternate Dispute Resolution Competition, Winner Fall, 2016
- Syracuse College of Law Alternate Dispute Resolution Competition, Best Advocate, Fall 2016
- Business Editor, Volume 67, Syracuse Law Review; Editorial Member, Volume 66
- Moot Court Honor Society
- St. Lawrence University, Government Honors, Thesis: Public Financing of Elections: A Comparative Analysis of US Presidential and US Gubernatorial Elections, 2014.
- Bernard J. Lammers Award, Leadership and Research in the Study of Government, 2014
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- The ABCs of Data Privacy: GDPR, CCPA, NY SHIELD Act and More, Monroe County Bar Association, April 16, 2020
- Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Legal Overview: How to Comply With New Data Protection Laws and What to do in the Event of a Data Breach, MACNY Cyber Security Summit, March 13, 2020
- GDPR, California Consumer Protection Ac, and NY Shield Act, APA NYS Capital Region Chapter Meeting, September 19, 2019
- Board Member, Syracuse City Ballet, Inc.