Amber advises clients on cybersecurity and data privacy compliance issues, including state, federal and international cybersecurity and data privacy laws. She conducts technology and software contract review, data protection risk management assessments, privacy and cybersecurity diligence review for mergers and acquisitions, policy drafting, trainings, data audit and compliance reviews.
Amber advises her clients on response to data subject requests and complaints, security incidents and data breaches under various state, federal, and international cybersecurity laws including NY SHIELD Act. Amber has broad experience with various data privacy regimes including the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Amber maintains a certification as a CIPP/E (Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe) attorney.
Events and Webinars
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- Best Lawyers®: Ones to Watch, Corporate Law; Mergers and Acquisitions Law, 2021
- New York State Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- CNY Women’s Bar Association
- Syracuse College of Law Alternate Dispute Resolution Competition, Winner Fall, 2016
- Syracuse College of Law Alternate Dispute Resolution Competition, Best Advocate, Fall 2016
- Business Editor, Volume 67, Syracuse Law Review; Editorial Member, Volume 66
- Moot Court Honor Society
- St. Lawrence University, Government Honors, Thesis: Public Financing of Elections: A Comparative Analysis of US Presidential and US Gubernatorial Elections, 2014.
- Bernard J. Lammers Award, Leadership and Research in the Study of Government, 2014
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- The ABCs of Data Privacy: GDPR, CCPA, NY SHIELD Act and More, Monroe County Bar Association, April 16, 2020
- Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Legal Overview: How to Comply With New Data Protection Laws and What to do in the Event of a Data Breach, MACNY Cyber Security Summit, March 13, 2020
- GDPR, California Consumer Protection Act, and NY Shield Act, American Payroll Association NYS Capital Region Chapter Meeting, September 19, 2019
- Board Member, Syracuse City Ballet, Inc.