Christa represents colleges and universities in a wide array of labor and employment and education law matters. She regularly counsels and represents numerous higher education clients on a variety of matters, including Title IX compliance (including policy development, investigations before the U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights (OCR), and Title IX litigation in federal courts), student and staff accommodation issues under the ADA and Section 504, collective bargaining, contract disputes, student discipline, faculty tenure denial and faculty termination cases, and all aspects of general employment discrimination.
Christa represents clients in state and federal court, in arbitration proceedings, and before administrative agencies (such as OCR, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the New York State Division of Human Rights, the Office for Federal Contract Compliance Programs, and the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB)).
Christa has extensive experience advising colleges and universities and providing training on a wide range of faculty, staff and student issues, including Title IX training, sexual harassment, the handling of student discipline and disability accommodation matters. She is a member of the National Association of Colleges and University Attorneys (NACUA).
Honors & Affiliations
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent Rated
- New York State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- New York State Women's Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- New York State Association of Management Advocates for School Labor Affairs
- New York State School Boards Association
- Central New York School Boards Association
- Order of the Coif
- New Sexual Harassment Law Update, Haylor, Freyer & Coon Seminar, November 1, 2018
- Sexual Harassment and the #MeToo Movement, New York State Association of Management Advocates for School Labor Affairs 41st Annual Summer Conference, July 16, 2018
- Employment: New Challenges in Hiring Practices, Haylor, Freyer & Coon Seminar, September 22, 2016
- Transgendered in Central New York: Employer - Legal Do’s and Don’ts, CNY SHRM, March 22, 2016
- The Impacts of New Title IX Guidelines on Public Schools Across the Country: Is Your District in Compliance?, Central New York School Boards Association, March 24, 2015
- Avoid The Price of Silence - Investigating and Addressing Bullying in the School Environment, New York State Association of Management Advocates for School Labor Affairs 37th Annual Summer Conference, July 20, 2014
- Board Member, Beaver Lake Nature Center, 2000-2011
- Board Member, Central New York Women's Bar Association, 2004-2005
- 2013 Syracuse 40 Under 40 Honoree