Jeffrey is a business law attorney with experience representing a wide range of professional practices, including physicians, dentists and physical and occupational therapy providers.
Jeffrey has experience advising clients on a variety of issues, including choice of entity decisions, corporate restructurings, business succession planning, state and federal tax issues, federal and state regulatory compliance; physician/dental practice acquisitions and sales; sophisticated joint ventures; and general business and not-for-profit corporation matters.
His work for physicians has also involved corporate governance issues (admission and expulsion of owners, shareholder/member relationships, development of compensation formulae and employment agreements).
Jeffrey has also represented large professional practices in sophisticated corporate restructurings (involving the formation of management entities and the consolidation of multi-disciplinary practices into a single group practice) and has assisted professional practices and their related management companies in obtaining equity and debt financing from senior, subordinated and mezzanine lenders.
Events and Webinars
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- New York Super Lawyers®, Business and Corporate, 2021
- New York State Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- An Interview with Jeffrey Scheer, Business Law and Cannabis, Legally Bond Podcast, May 17, 2021
- Managing in Year 2 of a Pandemic - Round 2 of PPP Loans, Chemung County Chamber of Commerce, February 16, 2021
- Panel Member, SBA's Paycheck Protection Program and Farmer Co-ops, National Council of Farmer Cooperatives, April 6, 2020
- Panel Member, Successful Strategies for Ownership Transition, Dannible & McKee’s Central NY Manufacturing Conference, October 17, 2017
- Legal Update, Syracuse Builders Exchange - Construction Company Growth Accelerator Program, October 11, 2017
- Moderator, UVANY Middle Market Forum, March 15, 2016
- The Echoes of the New York State Revitalization Act - Is Your Organization Compliant?, Dannible & McKee’s Annual Nonprofit Conference, January 13, 2015
- "Practical Advice for Prospective THC License-Holders," New York Cannabis Growers and Processors Association Newsletter, June 2021
- Quoted in "PPP Round 2: What Small Business Owners Need to Do Right Now to Get Help," syracuse.com, January 9, 2021
- Quoted in "Local Businesses Eagerly Await Second Round of PPP Assistance," 10 Tampa Bay, December 28, 2020
- Quoted in "Quickie lender Kabbage doled out billions in PPP loans. A number of borrowers raised red flags," Miami Herald, September 10, 2020
- Quoted in "Copycat websites, newly minted companies, double dippers cashed in on PPP loans," Miami Herald, September 9, 2020
- Quoted in "Senate Considers Vote on PPP Bill: CNY Small Business Owners Say Changes Needed Now," syracuse.com, June 3, 2020
- Quoted in "You Got a PPP Loan. Now What? 4 Expert Tips From a Small Businesses Lawyer," syracuse.com, May 6, 2020
- Quoted in "Guide to Federal Small Business Loans: 9 Expert Tips on Coronavirus Relief Funds," syracuse.com, April 13, 2020
- Business Journal News Network, Board Leadership Award Honoree 2016
- Board Member, Green Family Foundation
- Board Member, The Jewish Community Foundation of Central New York, Inc.
- Board Member, The Jewish Health & Rehabilitation Center
- Board Member, The Jewish Home of Central New York Foundation
- Chair, Board of Trustees, Public Broadcasting Council of Central New York, Inc. (WCNY)