Mitch understands that his clients’ business objectives are paramount, and uses those objectives as the guideposts which drive his litigation strategy.
While simplifying disputes into core themes that are easily understandable and persuasive to juries, judges and arbitrators alike, Mitch’s in-depth legal knowledge and decades of practical experience allow him to cost-effectively formulate winning strategies and creative paths to resolution.
His extensive experience in complex commercial and tort litigation includes:
- breach of contract
- non compete
- class action
- civil rights
- intellectual property
Representing both plaintiffs and defendants, including municipal entities, Mitch’s clients include companies in the advanced manufacturing, health insurance and energy industries.
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2019, Commercial Litigation; Copyright Law; Litigation - Intellectual Property (listed for 10 years)
- Buffalo Business First, 2016 Legal Elite
- New York Super Lawyers 2018®, Business Litigation (listed for more than 10 years)
- Erie County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Western New York Trial Lawyers Association, former Treasurer
- Advocates Club of Western New York, former President
- Senior Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America
- Fellow, Trial Lawyer Honorary Society
- Diversity Law Institute
- Trial Law Institute
- Executive Editor, Buffalo Law Review, 1984-1985; Recipient, Carlos C. Alden Award
- Taken well in excess of ten cases to jury verdict, and has handled dozens of appeals.
- Successfully defended state officials in a civil rights class action litigation resulting from the 1971 Attica riot. This included class action liability and individual damages trials and appeals therefrom.
- Co-chaired one of the very few CERCLA cases ever to have been jury-tried nationally.
- Quoted in "Weighing Arbitration’s Pros and Cons," Buffalo Law Journal, July 11, 2018
- "Trial Law: A Complex Beast," Buffalo Law Journal, November 18, 2013
- "Complex Cases Offer Chances, Challenges," Buffalo Law Journal, July 12, 2010
- Eagle Scout; Vice-President of District Operations, Greater Niagara Frontier Council of the Boy Scouts of America