Subhash helps address labor and employment issues in a manner that is sensitive to each district’s or school’s unique circumstances and ultimate goals.
In addition to general labor and employment advice and counseling, Subhash also advises school districts regarding tenure issues, layoffs and recalls, and employee discipline. He has assisted school districts with investigating allegations of child abuse in an educational setting under Article 23-B of the Education Law, and has advised school districts regarding their reporting obligations under Article 23-B. He has handled several employee disciplinary hearings on behalf of school districts under Education Law Section 3020-a and Civil Service Law Section 75. For his work on behalf of school districts, Subhash was named Lawyer of the Year in 2013 and 2018 by Best Lawyers in America for Education Law in the Syracuse area.
Subhash has spoken at numerous management and human resources seminars on various labor and employment law topics. He is also the principal editor and a frequent contributor to the firm’s labor and employment law blog, the New York Labor and Employment Law Report.
Events and Webinars
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2021, Education Law (listed for more than 10 years)
- Best Lawyers' 2018 Syracuse Education Law Lawyer of the Year
- Best Lawyers' 2013 Syracuse Education Law Lawyer of the Year
- New York Super Lawyers 2020®, Employment and Labor
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent Rated
- New York State Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- New York State Travel Advisory Briefing, MACNY, July 16, 2020
- Preventing and Addressing Sexual Harassment in the Workplace, New York State Public Housing Authority Directors Association Fall Conference, October 18, 2019
- 2018 Legislative Update, CNY SHRM, January 15, 2018
- FLSA White Collar Exemptions, College and University Business Officers, October 18, 2016
- New York’s New Paid Family Leave Act, NYS Statewide Association of the American Payroll Association Statewide Payroll Conference, September 23, 2016
- FLSA White Collar Exemption Regulations, Manufacturers Association of Central New York, September 20, 2016
- Fair Share or Free Speech? Friedrichs v. California Teachers Assoc., The Labor and Employment Relations Association of Central New York, March 10, 2016
- The Supreme Court’s Decision in EEOC v. Abercrombie: What Can Employers do to Reduce the Risk of Religious Discrimination Claims in the Hiring Process?, Monroe County Bar Association, October 6, 2015
- Not in My Backyard: Restricting Competition by Former Employees, New York State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section, September 25, 2015
- What Firms Look for in Potential Summer Associates: Acing Your BigLaw Interviews and Mock Interviews/Career Chats, Cornell Law School BLSA, LALSA, & NALSA Professional Development Boot Camp, March 22, 2014
- Positive Developments For New York State Employers, Central New York Business Journal, July 10, 2020
- Quoted in "Does Your Workplace Ban Natural Hairstyles?" Human Resource Executive, September 17, 2019
- President, Legal Aid Society of Mid-New York, Inc.
- President, Legal Services of Central New York, Inc.