Human Resources Audits Prove To Be An Effective Risk Management Tool
March 29, 2016
- Policy and Document Updates
- Review employment applications, offer letters, and other hiring documents.
- Audit record retention policies and practices for legal compliance.
- Assess employee handbooks and other existing employment policies.
- Analyze employment agreements, termination letters, and severance arrangements.
- Identify gaps between written policies and procedures and actual practice.
- Employee Classification Analysis
- Review Job Descriptions.
- Evaluate classifications of individual workers for purposes of:
- Independent contract versus employee status; and
- Overtime exemption.
- Audit personnel files and payroll practices for legal compliance.