Jeffrey is co-chair of the firm's small business practice. He is a business law attorney who represents a wide range of small to mid-size businesses across New York State, including New York City and Long Island.
Jeffrey focuses on advising entrepreneurs, start-ups and closely-held businesses on legal aspects of their business operations and transactional matters, commencing with the initial organization and capitalization of a company, and throughout its lifecycle (including family succession or sale to a third-party). He often serves as his client’s outside “general business counsel”, providing them with a wide platform of legal services specifically geared toward start-up and emerging businesses. He has handled numerous private debt and equity placements, including venture capital investments, and made securities filings for Regulation D offerings and State Blue Sky offerings.
Jeffrey’s clients include service, technology, manufacturing, health care, not-for-profit, franchisee and software companies.
Events and Webinars
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- New York Super Lawyers 2020®, Business and Corporate
- New York State Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- An Interview with Jeffrey Scheer, Business Law and Cannabis, Legally Bond Podcast, May 17, 2021
- Managing in Year 2 of a Pandemic - Round 2 of PPP Loans, Chemung County Chamber of Commerce, February 16, 2021
- Panel Member, SBA's Paycheck Protection Program and Farmer Co-ops, National Council of Farmer Cooperatives, April 6, 2020
- Panel Member, Successful Strategies for Ownership Transition, Dannible & McKee’s Central NY Manufacturing Conference, October 17, 2017
- Legal Update, Syracuse Builders Exchange - Construction Company Growth Accelerator Program, October 11, 2017
- Moderator, UVANY Middle Market Forum, March 15, 2016
- The Echoes of the New York State Revitalization Act - Is Your Organization Compliant?, Dannible & McKee’s Annual Nonprofit Conference, January 13, 2015
- "Practical Advice for Prospective THC License-Holders," New York Cannabis Growers and Processors Association Newsletter, June 2021
- Quoted in "PPP Round 2: What Small Business Owners Need to Do Right Now to Get Help," syracuse.com, January 9, 2021
- Quoted in "Local Businesses Eagerly Await Second Round of PPP Assistance," 10 Tampa Bay, December 28, 2020
- Quoted in "Quickie lender Kabbage doled out billions in PPP loans. A number of borrowers raised red flags," Miami Herald, September 10, 2020
- Quoted in "Copycat websites, newly minted companies, double dippers cashed in on PPP loans," Miami Herald, September 9, 2020
- Quoted in "Senate Considers Vote on PPP Bill: CNY Small Business Owners Say Changes Needed Now," syracuse.com, June 3, 2020
- Quoted in "You Got a PPP Loan. Now What? 4 Expert Tips From a Small Businesses Lawyer," syracuse.com, May 6, 2020
- Quoted in "Guide to Federal Small Business Loans: 9 Expert Tips on Coronavirus Relief Funds," syracuse.com, April 13, 2020
- Business Journal News Network, Board Leadership Award Honoree 2016
- Board Member, Green Family Foundation
- Board Member, The Jewish Community Foundation of Central New York, Inc.
- Board Member, The Jewish Health & Rehabilitation Center
- Board Member, The Jewish Home of Central New York Foundation
- Chair, Board of Trustees, Public Broadcasting Council of Central New York, Inc. (WCNY)