Jonathan is a trial attorney who has represented many educational institutions in both state and federal courts in a variety of matters regarding student discipline, tenure, civil rights, Title IX, construction disputes and insurance matters.
Jonathan is currently representing several educational institutions in cases brought under the Child Victims Act. He has represented institutions in several wrongful death cases. He has also represented educational institutions in connection with internal investigations and federal administrative and criminal investigations.
In addition to his litigation practice, Jonathan serves as outside general counsel to a small liberal arts college. He also regularly advises hearing and appeal boards in student discipline matters and faculty tribunals in tenure matters.
Events and Webinars
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2021, Commercial Litigation; Litigation - Banking and Finance; Litigation - Labor and Employment; Litigation and Controversy - Tax (listed for 10 years)
- Best Lawyers’ 2016 Syracuse Litigation - Banking and Finance Lawyer of the Year
- Chambers USA 2020, Litigation: General Commercial
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent Rated
- New York Super Lawyers 2020®, General Litigation (listed for more than 10 years)
- New York State Bar Association, Trial Lawyers, Commercial and Federal Litigation Sections
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- Order of the Coif
- Editor-in-Chief, Cornell Law Review
- Mediator, ADR Mandatory Mediation Program, Northern District of New York
- Quoted in 5 Tips for Avoiding Awkward Video-Conferencing Malfunctions in Courts, Depositions, Law.com, November 20, 2020
- Review: Commercial Litigation in New York State Courts, 4th Edition, Onondaga County Bar Reporter, June 2016
- Moderator, Restrictive Covenants: The Good, the Bad and What the Future Holds, NYSBA Webinar, June 17, 2020
- Class Action Refund Lawsuits Against Higher Educational Institutions, CICU Webinar, May 14, 2020
- Chancellor, Episcopal Diocese of Central New York
- Vestry Warden, St. Peter's Episcopal Church